Rockbridge County, including cities of Lexington & Buena Vista, Virginia. RAOC office is located in Buena Vista.
Minimal travel, mostly local
Rockbridge Area Occupational Center (“RAOC”)
July 11, 2017
Company Website and Job Info.:
Go to https://raoc.org/
August 28, 2017
How to Apply:
Send Cover Letter and Resume/CV By Mail, Fax or Email (Preferred)
FAX: (540) 261-3545
Rockbridge Area Occupational Center
1913 Sycamore Avenue
Buena Vista, Virginia 24416
Roles & Responsibilities
Executive Director needed for 45-year-old, well-established community non-profit. Executive Director will join RAOC Board of Directors and community in executing a newly-defined vision for transforming Intellectually and Developmentally Disabled (IDD) client-based services. Executive Director will lead and manage staff, client, and community stakeholders in an IDD client service-based environment, and will be accountable for resourcing an innovative, fully-formed business model to meet emergent demand for IDD services in the greater Rockbridge County (Virginia) area. Responsibilities include:
- Develop and execute a board-approved plan focusing on a defined set of both adult day services and supported employment services for IDD clients
- Hire and/or maintain administrative, management and service staff to meet business model requirements
- Oversee fiscal integrity of organization to include: development and submission of yearly budget to board of directors; subsequent budget management to include communication of organization’s financial position using standard financial reporting format(s); and, assist with the preparation of such reports
- Articulate and spearhead efforts for communicating strategic intent, goals and requirements to community stakeholders in collaboration with fundraising development skills
- Report overall strategic progress to board of directors pursuant to a board-established schedule
- Establish both short-term and long-term financial goals
- Develop revenue and resource options to support strategic goals (in-kind, governmental, businesses and community); manage public relations vision in collaboration with communication planning committee
- Oversee key functional managers (facilities management, fundraising, marketing and client service)
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Education in social science, public service, public policy or related degree strongly preferred; Master’s Degree related to social science services (M.S.W.), public service, administration or business/management strongly preferred.
- Proven ability to motivate, engage, manage and work with diverse groups of customers, constituents and stakeholders, including employees and people with disabilities.
- Proven communication skills, both oral and written.
- Strong financial management, business process and organizational skills.
- Familiarity and comfort in managing operational requirements, such as delegating facility requirements, contracting processes and HR needs.
- Direct experience working with vulnerable, underserved or other community populations in need strongly preferred.
*NOTE: For the requirements below, we will seriously consider transferable, successful experience from other industries and work environments
- Past experience managing federally and/or state funded programs targeting IDD competitive employment preferred, such as “supported employment” of IDD clients in competitive, integrated work settings.
- Past experience managing or delivering adult day services.
- Firm grasp of legal and regulatory environment affecting funding and trends at both federal and state levels, especially healthcare payor environments and requirements.
- Strong understanding of end-user and guardian service lifecycles and service needs, with ability to participate in the development, refinement, or definition of new services to meet those needs.
About RAOC: The Rockbridge Area Occupational Center is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization dedicated to establishing programs for community socialization and integration for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD). For families within this community, RAOC provides support and programs to end the isolation of individuals, and to bring the community together through opportunities for employment and personal interaction. RAOC has led the field in serving people with disabilities in Rockbridge County for 45 years.
About Rockbridge County, Virginia: Nestled between the Blue Ridge and Allegheny mountain ranges in south-central Virginia, beautiful and pristine Rockbridge County offers an amazing range of cultures, history, outdoor adventure, academia, and stunning natural beauty. Buena Vista is a designated Appalachian Trail Gateway Community, and is home to Southern Virginia University and Dabney S. Lancaster Community College. Washington & Lee University and The Virginia Military Institute are a stone’s throw away. Residents have quick travel access to nationally recognized sites such as Charlottesville, Roanoke, Harrisonburg, Richmond, Skyline Drive and Natural Bridge, as well as countless historic and leisure destinations. For more information, visit www.lexingtonvirginia.com and www.buenavistacity.com